The No-Salt, Lowest-Sodium Cookbook
- Author:Donald A. Gazzaniga
- Creator:Michael B. Fowler
- Publisher:St. Martin's Griffin
- List Price:
- Buy New: $9.92
as of 12/21/2014 04:36 CST details
- You Save: $8.07 (45%)
- Seller:Inspiration Media
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):6.1 x 1.2 x 9.2
- Publication Date:July 31, 2002
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Donald Gazzaniga, diagnosed with congestive heart failure, was headed for a heart transplant - the only effective medical treatment. Urged by his doctor to keep his sodium intake "under 1,500-2000 mg. a day," Don headed for the kitchen and went to work. Aware that cutting out table salt is the barest beginning of a true low-sodium diet, Don devised recipes for delicious low-sodium dishes that added up to less than 500 mg. daily, 70% lower than those in other low-sodium cookbooks. The result? Don's name has been removed from the transplant list and his doctors believe that his diet played a significant role.
The No-Salt, Lowest-Sodium Cookbook contains:
* Hundreds of good tasting, easy-to-make recipes
* An introduction by Dr. Sandra Barbour of the Kaiser Permanente Foundation
* Advice on finding low-sodium prepared foods, eating in restaurants, etc.
* Accurate sodium content of every ingredient and of the total servings
* A twenty-eight-day low-sodium menu planner by Dr. Jeannie Gazzaniga, Ph.D., R.D.
This book is for informational purposes only. Readers are advised to consult a physician before making any major change in diet.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.